2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2007 2:52 PM by scottishwildcat

MX 2004 on MacBook Pro?

scottishwildcat
      Anyone managed to get Dreamweaver MX 2004 (Academic edition, if it matters) running on the new MBPs under Rosetta? I've read of other people seemingly getting it to run, but for me it just bounces in the dock a few times and dies:

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
      Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

Thread 0:
      0 LaunchCFMApp 0xb80a52e8 0xb8000000 + 676584
      1 LaunchCFMApp 0xb809faf5 0xb8000000 + 654069
      2 LaunchCFMApp 0xb80bd70e 0xb8000000 + 775950
      3 LaunchCFMApp 0xb811eb24 spin_lock_wrapper + 3852

Thread 1:
      0 LaunchCFMApp 0xb8232cdb strchr + 72
      1 LaunchCFMApp 0xb81cb76f pthread_cond_wait + 3114
      2 LaunchCFMApp 0xb8167612 catch_exception_raise_state_identity + 318
      3 LaunchCFMApp 0xb8166b4e CallPPCFunctionAtAddressInt + 177088
      4 LaunchCFMApp 0xb8166a45 CallPPCFunctionAtAddressInt + 176823
      5 LaunchCFMApp 0xb8167710 catch_exception_raise_state_identity + 572
      6 LaunchCFMApp 0xb8202ef4 pthread_create + 1124

I can't afford to upgrade to a newer version of DW, so at the moment I'm resorting to running it under XP in Parallels-- except that there it won't accept my registration (I did de-authorise it on my old PowerBook first, and although both Mac and Windows versions are on the DVD, there's only one serial number), so after 30 days I'm in trouble :/
        • 1. Re: MX 2004 on MacBook Pro?
          Level 7
          scottishwildcat wrote:
          > Anyone managed to get Dreamweaver MX 2004 (Academic edition, if it matters)
          > running on the new MBPs under Rosetta? I've read of other people seemingly
          > getting it to run, but for me it just bounces in the dock a few times and dies:
          >
          > Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
          > Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

Don't know the answer to this, but it should work. Your best bet is
          probably to contact Adobe technical support.

> I can't afford to upgrade to a newer version of DW, so at the moment I'm
          > resorting to running it under XP in Parallels-- except that there it won't
          > accept my registration (I did de-authorise it on my old PowerBook first, and
          > although both Mac and Windows versions are on the DVD, there's only one serial
          > number), so after 30 days I'm in trouble :/

The Mac and Windows versions of Dreamweaver (and all Macromedia/Adobe
          programs) are distributed under separate licences. The serial number for
          a Mac version is invalid on a Windows OS and vice-versa.

--
          David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
          Author, "Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8" (friends of ED)
          Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
          http://foundationphp.com/
          • 2. Re: MX 2004 on MacBook Pro?
            scottishwildcat Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            scottishwildcat wrote:
            > The Mac and Windows versions of Dreamweaver (and all Macromedia/Adobe
            >programs) are distributed under separate licences. The serial number for
            >a Mac version is invalid on a Windows OS and vice-versa.

That's what others have told me too, but I'm not convinced, in the case of the OEM Academic version at least... both versions ship on the same DVD with a single non-specific serial number supplied, and I get the green checkmark on the Windows version when I enter that number on the registration screen just as I do on the Mac version.

Anyway, all vaguely irrelevant as I don't particularly want to use the Windows version anyway... will contact Adobe tech support as you suggest, but I'd be very surprised if they don't just tell me that MX 2004 isn't supported on Intel machines (because, well, it isn't...)

Thanks,
            Calum.