5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2013 6:12 PM by oleg3000

Data/Services PHP problem creating entry into database

spaceOpia1

Hi,

I am using Flash Builder with Flex 4.1 SDK.

I have no bproblem connecting to a database, but some commands don't work.

When I connect to a database using the wizard in the Data/Services section, I use the "click here to generate a sample" link from the "Configure PHP services" wizard.

Flash Builder then creates the basic CRUD methods for me (count[ServiceName], create[ServiceName], delete[ServiceName], getAll[ServiceName], get[ServiceName]ByID).

Most of the methods work, but the create method doesn't work.

After hours of analysing the code, I noticed that, in the _Super_[ServiceName].as file of the services.[yourservice] package, the create method used another Class to pass its data.

While most methods use the "mx.rpc.AsyncToken", create uses the "mx.data.ItemReference" class as the return type.

I changed the create method so it would use the  "mx.rpc.AsyncToken" and I got things working.

I also commented the following chunk of code for thing to get working:

dmOperation = new mx.data.ManagedOperation("createUsers", "create");

dmOperation.parameters = "item";

_usersRPCDataManager.addManagedOperation(dmOperation);

I was then able to use the create method.

I am pretty sure I am missing an important part of knowledge here.

While some methods use the mx.data.ItemReference, most of the methods use the mx.rpc.AsyncToken.

Can somebody explain to me what I should do in order to be on the right path?

Thank you for your time