3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2010 7:27 AM by the_wine_snob

dvd judder

sevvie1

hi any one help,premiere 7/8 i have prodeced dvd's using the programme,with no problem,however i sometimes loose the project file from the origanal edit so copy the master dvd content to the programme and use this to reditthen recopy the dvd,however i cant get rid of the judder on panning,have tride upper and lower fied options with out any luck have tried all the options and loads of discs.any ideas rob

• 1. Re: dvd judder
          nealeh Level 5

Are you saying that the original didn't have the judder?

As an aside, DVD is a highly compressed format. So if you are loading from your DVD into PRE, editing and and then writing out to a fresh DVD quality will suffer. This is because PRE re-compresses footage that has already been compressed once. But I don't think this would introduce judder where there was none before.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: dvd judder
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder is your original footage coming from and which project settings did you select when you started your Premiere Elements project?

• 3. Re: dvd judder
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that Neale has isolated the problem - multiple MPEG-2 compression, but if all you want to do is just make a Copy of the existing DVD, I recommend a great, free burning utility, ImgBurn, that will just make a Copy of your DVD to another blank disc. This process will eliminate one MPEG-2 compression, and yield the highest possible quality - identical to that original DVD.

As a tip, for best playability, use only high-quality blank discs, like Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden, and burn at less than max speed. ImgBurn, unlike the burning capabilities in PrE, will allow you to adjust the burn speed.

Good luck,

Hunt