4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 2:02 AM by Muttaburrasaurus

Rotate Buttons Don't Stay after closing adobe reader

j.weems

I have several users on Terminal Servers 2008 using adobe reader 9.4. They need to rotate the images in reader, but when they add the rotate buttons to the tool bar, after they close reader and open a new document the buttons no longer  stay this feature worked in the adobe 8 versions.

• 1. Re: Rotate Buttons Don't Stay after closing adobe reader
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Rotation in Reader is just a view. It can't be saved.

To permanently rotate pages you need Acrobat.

• 2. Re: Rotate Buttons Don't Stay after closing adobe reader
            j.weems Level 1

No, my complaint is that the rotate buttons on the toolbar do not stay, I understand that the rotated image is just a view and would need acrobat to make a change like that.  I am just talking about the buttons in the toolbar.  In the previous versions of adobe reader if you customized the toolbar and added the rotate buttons, then closed and reopened reader the buttons would still be there, now you have to add the buttons manually each time you open adobe.  I have my users using the shortcut keys as a workaround for now, but it would be nice to have the buttons stay permanently.

• 3. Re: Rotate Buttons Don't Stay after closing adobe reader
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Oh, I see.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that one...

• 4. Re: Rotate Buttons Don't Stay after closing adobe reader
                Muttaburrasaurus

The same frustrating problem behavior still applies, at least in the browser plugin. Very few toolbar buttons are available from the start, and when I add the neccessary ones (rotate view, display 2-page view, hand tool, etc) they disappear after restarting the browser. What user would ever like to have it this way? How can I get the Adobe Reader browser plugin to remember its settings - or, what would be an extremely natural behaviour - to use the same settings as the Adobe Reader program?

(I'm running Google Chrome with Chrome PDF Viewer disabled. The Adobe Reader plugin version is:

"Adobe Reader - Version: 10.1.4.38

Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4")