2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2010 9:45 AM by gtrman4931

Not supported on older Macs

gtrman4931

This blows, I've got a G4 FW800, dual 1.42 processors and 2gb of ram. It's a screamer on studio apps and I was really pumped to find out Audition was coming to the mac so I could toss the Windows dog out of the studio for good.Then I find out it's intel-only.

Big mistake by Adobe, there are a lot of us project studio guys still running our G4s and we will be for a long time. I hope Adobe will come to their senses and patch this flaw in the production version.

• 1. Re: Not supported on older Macs
          Charles VW Adobe Employee

gtrman4931 wrote:

I've got a G4 FW800, dual 1.42 processors and 2gb of ram.

Unfortunately Apple has discontinued the Power Mac G4 (FW800).  The makes it difficult for us to develop for, test with, and certify.  According to EveryMac.com, this model was discontinued in 2003.

gtrman4931 wrote:

I was really pumped to find out Audition was coming to the mac so I could toss the Windows dog out of the studio for good.

Thanks for your interest in Audition on the Mac.  What sort of a Windows dog are you running?  Chances are that the next version of Audition on Windows will still run on it.

• 2. Re: Not supported on older Macs
            gtrman4931 Level 1

I know it was discontinued in 2003 but there's a reason mac users pay the kind of money for our macs that we do. It's because we know we are going to have a computer we can use for 7-10 years and beyond instead of having to buy a new pice of windows crap every couple of years. How hard would it be to pick up a used Mac for testing and development?

I'm running a 2.2 gig Athlon box I put together and it just blew out one of the RAM slots so I'm looking at replacing the motherboard on it. I really want to get Windows out of my life, I've just about had it with all the problems that comes along with it