9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2007 12:55 PM by pixlor

Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3

Chris Goodiel Level 1
      How do I correctly manage the color between the CS3 application so that the color does not shift from Photoshop to Fireworks in CS3. I have tried switching the color in convert to profile in photoshop then save the file and re-open in FW and still a huge change. I have switched the Bridge Profile for all applications across CS3 and they are not consistent.
        • 1. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
          kiptap-aU9yxO Level 1
          I run into the same problem and I think I found the solution for the color shift btw Photoshop and Fireworks. I was using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for the color profile in my document as you are supposed to for web use. I converted the color profile in Photoshop to be Adobe RGB (1998) and open the file in Fireworks and voila....the color didn't shift. Try to see if this works.
          • 2. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
            Chris Goodiel Level 1
            Yes I tried that as well and it does not seem to work. Sorta seems crazy to me that colors are changing at all between the applications especially when you color manage through the bridge. I mean isn't this one of the points of have the CS3 package is that all the programs are friendly and consistent?
            • 3. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
              ageofem Level 1
              hmm maybe you have saved the psd in cmyk mode, fireworks doesnt support cmyk
              • 4. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
                Chris Goodiel Level 1
                I wish it was that simple, but I think that fireworks won't even open the file if it is in CMYK it will prompt you to resave as an RGB.

Seems that the shift seems to lighten the colors, very strange.
                • 5. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
                  Level 1
                  I know we (fireworks) do not support Adjustment layers where I've seen color change occur. You might want to check to see if the PSD contains adjustment layers?
                  • 6. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
                    Chris Goodiel Level 1
                    here is a link to what I am talking about.

http://www.chrisgoodieldesigns.com/colorshift/

the top file is in PS and the one below it is in FW
                    • 7. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
                      pixlor Level 4
                      I'm slightly confused. Is it that the programs display the colors differently or that the colors change when you save images? If you select a pixel and use the eyedropper tool to read its color, do you get the same or different RGB values from both programs?

I'm on Windows Vista, and not (as far as I know) using any color management. I made an image in Firework (.png), opened it in Photoshop, exported it from there as a .gif (with an exact palette) and added the .gif to my original image in Fireworks. I saw no color change at all. When I have the images open in FW and PS at the same time, I don't, visually, see a difference. When I import my .png into Expression, however, the colors in the image do change, so I know that can happen.

• 8. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
                        Level 7
                        Expression 3, Expression Design or Expression Media?

pixlor wrote:
                        > I'm slightly confused. Is it that the programs display the colors
                        > differently or that the colors change when you save images? If you
                        > select a pixel and use the eyedropper tool to read its color, do you get the
                        > same or different RGB values from both programs?
                        >
                        > I'm on Windows Vista, and not (as far as I know) using any color management. I
                        > made an image in Firework (.png), opened it in Photoshop, exported it from
                        > there as a .gif (with an exact palette) and added the .gif to my original image
                        > in Fireworks. I saw no color change at all. When I have the images open in FW
                        > and PS at the same time, I don't, visually, see a difference. When I import my
                        > .png into Expression, however, the colors in the image do change, so I
                        > know that can happen.
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        • 9. Re: Color Shift from PS to Fireworks CS 3
                          pixlor Level 4
                          quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                          Expression 3, Expression Design or Expression Media?

Sorry, Expression 3.3, the version MS put out after the Creature House acquisition, but I'm pretty sure I remember my earlier Creature House version 3 doing it, too. The MS version 4 is not yet released. (I've been using Expression since Fractal Design's 1.0 version, so it's taking me a while to switch my vocabulary over to multiple products with the same umbrella name.)