4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2010 12:42 PM by the_wine_snob

How do I get started?

cmiddleton33

I am new to Premiere Elements 8.0. How do I get started making my first DVD?  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: How do I get started?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for, well "tips & tricks" on working with PrE, so it's not a place that most will see it. Maybe our tireless MOD, Steve Grisetti, will move it for you, so that you'll get more viewings, and more suggestions.

Now, let's go back to Steve Grisetti. He's also done a bunch of great books on PrE. They are available on Muvipix. Also on the Muvipix site, he has posted a "Basic Training" series, on using PrE. After that, he has done a "Learning Series," that is free, if you subscribe.

Considering how open-ended your question is, I would first recommend his Basic Training, while you order his book. When you have worked through it, and the Learning Series and his book, then the next step would be his Tips & Tricks book, which adds new dimensions to the learning of the program.

It's kind of a four-step approach, but you will not be disappointed. I have never seen better learning resources for this program, that what he has authored.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do I get started?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for the endorsement, Bill!

Here's the link to my Basic Training for Premiere Elements tutorial series.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

And here's more information about the software and about my books. Although this page is about version 9, if you click on the "Buy now" links, you'll be taken to the Muvipix store, where you find all of our books. (They're also available on Amazon.com).

http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php

• 3. Re: How do I get started?
              Paul787 Level 3

One suggestion. Make a 5 minute "practise" DVD as your first project. Have maybe 3 to 4 scenes max in it. This will help you understand the basics before going on to longer and more challenging video projects.

This forum is of great help as is muvipix but my best advice would be to purchase one of Steve Grisetti's books to have on hand when working on a video project. You'll be on your way in no time.

• 4. Re: How do I get started?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Paul,

Good advice. I would add that the OP could pick up a 5-pack of DVD RW discs, and use them over and over for practice Projects. A single 5-pack should last for years. Now, when it comes to delivering the output - DO NOT use the RW discs. They are just for testing and practice.

Thanks,

Hunt