4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 2:26 AM by daslicht

Panini CPU hog ?

daslicht Level 2

Hello,

when I start Panini, it is hammering my network at a second intervall, can I disable this?

I don't not have a internet connection at this labour anyways .

When running Panini, after a short while I noticed CPU spikes and a average CPU load of 25% on a Quadcore PC.

Is that a know issue ?

• 1. Re: Panini CPU hog ?
          xmflsct

Yeah, after a while, the CPU stays at 25%. I have a i5 CPU. If it could use more resources of the CPU, it could run faster i think.

• 2. Re: Panini CPU hog ?
            daslicht Level 2

Huh, more resources ? It even take 25% cpu when i do nothing, and when I look up the cpu meter i see spikes which affect the whole computer performance. Until this is fixed it is useless for me.

• 3. Re: Panini CPU hog ?
              Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you tell us more about your OS and hardware?  25% idle CPU usage is not typical for Flash Catalyst.  (For example, on my older dual-core laptop, if I bring Catalyst to the foreground and then set there without touching anything, CPU usage is 0-1%).

So, a few questions:

1. Mac or Windows?
              2. What OS version? (please include the full number for a Mac, e.g. 10.6.1)
              3. If you have used Catalyst CS5 (1.0) as well, did you experience the same problem there?  Or is this only with the Panini preview release?
              4. What tool are you using to measure CPU usage?
              5. Are you looking at overall system CPU usage, or just the amount of CPU the Flash Catalyst process is using?
              6. Are you seeing spikes of 25% with gaps of lower usage?  Or nonstop 25% usage?
              7. Does this occur if you launch Catlyst and then leave it at the Welcome screen?  Or do you have to create/open a project before CPU usage goes up?
              8. Does this occur if Catalyst is not the active foreground window?
              9. Does this occur only if your mouse pointer is over the Catalyst window?

Thanks for the info -- and sorry about the issue you're having!

- Peter

• 4. Re: Panini CPU hog ?
                daslicht Level 2

>Mac or Windows?

>What OS version? (please include the full number for a Mac, e.g. 10.6.1)

Windows 7 x64 , Q9550 Quadcore 2,83 GHz 8GB RAM

>If you have used Catalyst CS5 (1.0) as well, did you experience the same problem there? Or is this only with the Panini preview release?

Its only Panini related

>What tool are you using to measure CPU usage?

Windows Task manager

This picture shows the rise of CPU usage after Panini was started:

paniniCPU uasage.PNG

Panini CPU usage is jumping between 16 - 32, therefore the following picture shows only one point of time:

paniniCPU2.PNG

>Are you looking at overall system CPU usage, or just the amount of CPU the Flash Catalyst process is using?

Just Panini

>Are you seeing spikes of 25% with gaps of lower usage?  Or nonstop 25% usage?

See picture above

>Does this occur if you launch Catlyst and then leave it at the Welcome screen?

no

>Does this occur if Catalyst is not the active foreground window?

yes

>Does this occur only if your mouse pointer is over the Catalyst window?

no