2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2010 1:33 PM by MECS

Will the new Director make projectors that run on the new Apple iPad?

MECS Level 1

It appears that the new iPad from Apple is going to be a hot item.  We already have customers asking if ouir programs will run on it.  Does anyone know whether or not the new version of Director has the capability of making projectors that will run on the iPad?  Or, is there perhaps an iPad app in existence, or in process that will allow them to run?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Will the new Director make projectors that run on the new Apple iPad?
          Mike Blaustein Level 4

Adobe has not yet mentioned a new version of Director or any capabilites thereof, so there is no information for or against iPad publishing.  But I would tend to think that this would not be a priority for them, given Apple's attitude toward their products.

• 2. Re: Will the new Director make projectors that run on the new Apple iPad?
            MECS Level 1

“New” as in “latest version” as in “Director 11.5”.  Yes, I doubt Apple would be interested one way or the other.  But it would certainly be a selling point for Director.  So, I was hoping Adobe might manage to drum up a little interest in Director and recognize that option as a timely opportunity.

Thanks for the response, Mike.

Dewey

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:41 AM

To: Dewey Parker

Subject: Will the new Director make projectors that run on the new Apple iPad?

Adobe has not yet mentioned a new version of Director or any capabilites thereof, so there is no information for or against iPad publishing.  But I would tend to think that this would not be a priority for them, given Apple's attitude toward their products.