4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 7:47 PM by elrod2727

Widescreen Pan & Zoon in Organizer

elrod2727

I have a bunch of photos that I am putting together in PSE8. They are all cropped to 16x9 format and look very nice on the widescreen TV.   I am using Organizer to do some pan and zoom effects, but I can't figure out how to export the file from Organizer to PSE so that it is also in widescreen.  You can only seem to window a 4:3 ratio box in the pan and zoom.  Is there a setting for this or another way around it?  I hate for some of the photos to fill the whole screen and others not to.  Looks tacky.  Any suggestions??

• 1. Re: Widescreen Pan & Zoon in Organizer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

PSE? Are you trying to export to Photoshop Elements?

You do want to output to Premiere Elements, right?

How are you adding pans and zooms in the Organizer? Are you using Create/Slide Show and then Output/Send to Premiere Elements?

I don't know that cropping your photos to 16:9 will give you a 16:9 slideshow. In fact, I'm not sure that Create/Slide Show can even be set up to create a widescreen slideshow.

If you want a 16:9 slideshow, you may need to use of the othe three ways to create a slideshow in the program.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Widescreen Pan & Zoon in Organizer
            elrod2727 Level 1

Yes Sorry. Premier Elements8 is where I am assembling the photos and video.  I used organizer just like you indicated with the create/slide show to do the pan and zoom.  It seems the zoom box is set to a 4:3 ratio no matter what, so you might be right, ther may not be a way to pan and zoom in 16:9 with that feature in organizer.  What other way can I do a pan/zoom to a photo with PE8 in widescreen fromat?

• 3. Re: Widescreen Pan & Zoon in Organizer
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, if you want to do a 16:9 project, the best way is to do it manually.

Set up a 16:9 DV project and, in Edit/Preferences, turn off Scale to Frame Size.

Size your photos to 1000x750 pixels in size and add them to your timeline. Open the Properties panel for each photo (right-clicking and selecting Show Properties) open create motion path keyframes to create your pan and zoom.

(I show you how to do this, with pictures, in my books. Though you can also find it in my Steve's Tips article at Premiere Elements support site http://Muvipix.com, if you type "Basic Keyframing" in the product search box.)

• 4. Re: Widescreen Pan & Zoon in Organizer
                elrod2727 Level 1

Thanks! I'll give it a try!