0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 8:35 AM by Ben Danis

TabNavigator and dynamic tab-styles

Ben Danis

I'm trying to change the tab-style skin style based on the content that the parent canvas is being provided.

For example, if the parent canvas (which is being reused everywhere) has a particular property, i'd like my tabNavigator's tabbar to use another skin for the buttons.  I've created a getter in my tabNavigator to access the tab bar.  To which i set the skin style to the class i'd want.  Doesn't work. Is there a simple style that i can set to do this?

I've tried creating a css for every possibility and assign it to tabNavigator with a bindable variable.  But it still displays the default value.  If i put it in the mxml declaration stylename="customskin" it works.  but if i put stylename="{_bindableStyle}", it doesn't work.

In both cases, none of the tabNavigator's children are created until this value is set, so i'm not trying to set a style after the content was created.

I've also tried creating the tabNavigator on creation instead of having it in the mxml declaration, doesn't work either.

Any thing else i can try that i haven't yet?