4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2007 7:14 AM by sjdpadfoot

CF8, GRID,BIND

Hanno1962
      I am trying to get the ajax grid to work but have a small hurdle.

The application sits on a D:drive, with a virtual dir : Apps : http://myserver/apps = web-root

/component/ are in a subdir, now I am I am trying to use

bind="cfc:component.mytest.getNames({cfgridpage},{cfgridpagesize},{cfgridsortcolumn},{cfg ridsortdirection})"

But it does not -see- my component. The only thing that works is copying the mytest.cfc to the c:\coldfusion8\wwwroot\

What do I miss here ? Thank you

Thanks

• 1. Re: CF8, GRID,BIND
          mat evans
          i'm not sure that using the folder name in the bind statement will work.
          Try setting your cfc locations in application.cfm - <cfset REQUEST.CFCLocation="cfc"> something like that, where cfc is the folder name.

Hope that helps a little.

Mat Evans
          • 2. Re: CF8, GRID,BIND
            Hanno1962 Level 1
            Thanks, will try,

sofar my conclusion is that virtual directories are not accepted in the path.
            • 3. Re: CF8, GRID,BIND
              Level 7
              I think you'll have to do a mapping. You can do it in the admin under
              mapping: name: components path: D:\apps\components

CF8 did introduce application.cfc mappings you might look into that as well.

"Hanno1962" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:f99r3g$b2l$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks, will try,
              >
              > sofar my conclusion is that virtual directories are not accepted in the
              > path.

• 4. Re: CF8, GRID,BIND
                sjdpadfoot
                Unfortunately if you want to use a cfc:bind statement you need to have the cfc be somewhere under the webroot. You can not even use mappings, which frankly blows.

From the Adobe LiveDocs:

quote:

Using bind expressions
                To specify a bind expression, use one of the following formats:

cfc:componentPath.functionName(parameters)
                Note: The component path cannot use a mapping. The componentPath value must be a dot-delimited path from the web root or the directory that contains the current page.