2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2007 8:31 AM by maddunr

load specific frame in dreamweaver

maddunr
      Hello,

Is it possible to have a fireworks document (with several frames) inserted into dreamweaver load frames 2 or 3 directly? I don't want to load frame 1. Can some sort of fireworks variable be passed through the html code (much like flashvars) that will load a specific frame?

Thanks in advance,
      -V
        • 1. Re: load specific frame in dreamweaver
          Level 7
          Basically, the images that are created in FW are exported for use on
          your html pages. So in that respect, you can have any image show up
          anywhere on your site depending on what you want to do.

Or are you talking about a exporting images for a Flash site.

The question is a bit vague for me.

alex

maddunr wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > Is it possible to have a fireworks document (with several frames) inserted
          > into dreamweaver load frames 2 or 3 directly? I don't want to load frame 1. Can
          > some sort of fireworks variable be passed through the html code (much like
          > flashvars) that will load a specific frame?
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          > -V
          >
          • 2. Re: load specific frame in dreamweaver
            maddunr Level 1
            Sorry abt the confusion.. let me try and explain more. I have a Fireworks file with 4 tabs and a main text area. The tabs are languages (like English, German etc.) and the main text has some info in that language. Rolling over each tab creates a disjoint rollover in the main text area. There are 4 frames and each frame contains a the text in a different language. The file starts off with a tab selected, thus showing info in that language.

What I want to do is to have a different "start state" for each language sub site. For example, when the user picks German, I want the fireworks file to automatically start with the German tab selected.

For now, the only way I can do this is by creating 4 separate files with different start states. I would like to know if it is possible to have just one file and pass some sort of variable (much like FlashVars in Flash) that will move the file to different start state.

Thanks for looking into this,
            -V