4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 8:43 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Preset content location?

bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

We install our CS5 apps from a site license and we have two major issues. Each time we have upgraded we lost our serial number for Synthetic Aperture and we lose all content for the layers in the After Effects presets. The content might be hidden someplace but a Finder search on our Macs comes up blank. Where should this content be located? If I don't have it, can I get it?

bogiesan

• 1. Re: Preset content location?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> we lose all content for the layers in the After Effects presets

I'm not sure what you mean here. You mean the footage that's used in the included template projects? If so, that is here:

Applications > Adobe After Effects CS5 > Footage

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Preset content location?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Regarding Color Finesse: You mean that when you upgrade you have to re-enter the serial number, but you can't find it?

Have you updated to After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) and tried again?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Preset content location?
              bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Apparently  there was a problem in our IT dept. All they downloaded from Adobe's servers were the various CS5 applications. They did not realize there was more stuff available. I guess. That's how it's been explained to me. Our IT people say they have located "content" on the server from which they download all of out  installers.

Sigh. But I won't know they actually found the right stuff.

Thanks, Todd.

And we resolved the Color Finesse issue all by ourselves! The CS4 serial works on the version of Finesse that came with CS5.

Again, a small sigh.

bogiesan

• 4. Re: Preset content location?
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Note that there is an update for Color Finesse that is coordinated with the After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update. Search for 'Color Finesse' on this page for details.