Yes, I'm running 5.0.2.
I'm using .MOV source files from a Canon 7D as well as .MP4 files from Sony EX1r.
Thanks for helping me Todd!
Try exporting from a nest.
BTW: What spec are the sound files? (music)
File Path: R:\ID0020 SYNC\Audio\Fensters Explanation.mp3
Type: MP3 Audio
File Size: 6.5 MB
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:02:49:06144
Average Data Rate: 39 KB / second
.Should I try converting it into a .WAV file?.I also tried nesting the sequence and exporting from there with same results--video lags behind audio 4-8 frames.
Absolutely ...convert to a wav.
Ok, converted audio to .WAV. Still no sync. Same problem as before with all export settings used (QT, H264, WMV).
Any other ideas?
Can you explain what you mean by:
Everything's sync'd inside Permiere perfectly.
How exactly did you sync things up, and what are you using to gauge sync within Premiere? In other words, did you edit to sound or did you edit to the waveform?
My thinking is that if every format you've tried exporting is showing a lack of sync, then it's not the export: it's your sequence.
I edited (cut) the video to the very marked beats in the WAV (formerly MP3).
I posted a screencast of the problem which grew into a crashing nightmare. At 15 fps, the screencast doesn't show the problem as big as it is in reality, but even at 15 fps you can see how off it is.
Here's my screencast. http://vimeo.com/16988794
Hope someone knows the solution.
what kind of graphics card are you running? try disabling the gpu in mercury. then render again
I have an Nvidia GTX480.
Good suggestion about turning off GPU. Did that, deleted preview renders, but still the same problem. But thanks for the suggestion. Please keep 'em coming!
A few thoughts, in no particular order:
- I'd be surprised if you didn't have a corrupted project file. If not before the crashes, then almost certainly after. What I would attribute the crashes to are the time-remapped clips. I've found that Time Remapping occasionally drops unwanted/unnecessary keyframes, and these will often bring a project--particularly one containing I-frame media like your 7D clips--to its knees. I'd suggest importing your project into a fresh one, eliminate all instances of time remapping, and play around with it. No guarantees it will fix/solve anything--it's possible that you've happened upon a legitimate and unfortunate bug.
- I know you've cleared the media cache, but that's probably not going to eliminate any problematic cache files. If Premiere has them logged as online and available in the media cache database, it won't eliminate those files, even if they're borked. What I would suggest doing is closing Premiere, and then manually eliminate all cache/index files you can find that pertain to your project/media. This includes CFA, PEK, QTINDEX (from the 7D stuff, likely), and potentially MPGINDEX files (possibly, from the MP4 files, whatever the source of that footage is). Open a new project (with no media) and then purge the media cache and database. Finally, either reopen the old project or import it into a new one--this will force Premiere to recreate all cache and index files. Don't do ANYTHING while this is happening--let the yellow bar finish at the bottom of the UI and wait for all clips to be indexed. See what happens then.
- Have tried forcing a render of your sequence? Go to Sequence > Render Entire Work Area. This will create previews for your entire sequence (theoretically), including any yellow bar segments that otherwise play in realtime via hardware MPE. Once previews are created, check your sync then; if things are still synced, it's something in the exporter modules, but if it's out-of-sync, the problem is more likely your source footage (or rather, the index/cache files). You might try this step before those above (yeah, I should put this in better order!).
- Have you tried reimport your exported file into Premiere, and playing it back there? I noticed you were using QT Player for playing back your clip, which is notoriously bad at keeping sync with heavy-duty/high-resolution/high-bitrate files.
- What version of QT do you have installed? You might update or down-date your QT install.
That's all I've got for now; you probably should work from the bottom up, so hopefully you read all this before starting with the first one! Post back with your results...
Wow, Colin! A lot to chew on there. Thanks for your incredible, detailed post! I'll start from the bottom up and report back. Thanks so much!
Heh--yeah, just what you wanted to wake up to
I'm not trying to sound like an Adobe apologist here--everything ain't perfect, as we know--but I'm pretty confident that the experience you're having is not typical, and I'm talking about the sync issue and the weird crashing. That's not saying there isn't a bug of some sort that you've unfortunately discovered, as there very well may be, but I think once you work through that list of ideas (and hopefully other folks will chip in as well) we'll have a better understanding of what exactly is happening here.