2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 8:23 PM by toddor

Counterintuitive to make waveform channel buttons to right mute

Jacksonguitar

It would make so much more sense to make the mute buttons on the L and R channel respectively solo buttons.  At least put an option in to make that possible.  It really is counter-intuitive to click the Right channel button which is the one I'd like to hear, and then have it muted.  If it's not clear yet I'm talking about the buttons to the right of the waveform edit view screen.  Also, it is quite frustrating for the waveform editor to not interface with the user as it does on Windows.  I mean moving the time marker around and hitting the space bar to pause and setting the time marker to earlier in the clip and pressing space bar just like I could in Windows audition, only to have it start right where it was paused.  Furthermore, the waveform should be able to be selected via mouse cursor just like in Windows audition.  It really does not make sense to change those features.  In summary:

- Make the channel mute buttons solo, or at least have an option available for that preference.

-Make waveform editing interface with the keyboard and mouse cursor exactly as it does in Windows audition.  I would like it to play where the time selector is after pressing space bar.  I would like to be able to select the waveform switching to either left or right or stereo depending on cursor position when clicked and selecting portion of audio clip.

A new program is not the answer, a revised version of the version of Audition we are all so familiar with is however; ported to the Mac.  I would more than appreciate and willingly purchase just a version of Adobe Audition 3.0, but that runs on Mac with the same stable make and same everything on it. 

• 1. Re: Counterintuitive to make waveform channel buttons to right mute
          toddor

There are several ways to solo a specific channel of a stereo audio file, which work exactly as in previous versions of Audition:
          1) Preferences > General > "Allow context-sensitive channel editing" -- make this checked and you can once again use the mouse to select a specific channel within the waveform display.
          2) With keyboard focus in the Editor panel, use the up and down arrow keys to select one channel or the other.

The channel enable buttons on the right side of the waveform display are new to this version of Audition.  If you don't like the behavior of the new buttons, you can still use the old methods.

Regarding "I would like it to play where the time selector is after pressing space bar."...
          Preferences > Playback > "Return CTI to start position on stop"

• 2. Re: Counterintuitive to make waveform channel buttons to right mute
            Jacksonguitar Level 1

Ah, how awesome!  Good tips man, thank you very much for pointing that out.  I guess I have alot more playing around to do on this new build