0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 6:07 PM by Ian.grayden

Installing and using Adobe Air SDK 2.5 with Flash Professional CS4

Ian.grayden

Hi,

I am trying to install the Air SDK 2.5 with Flash Professional CS4 with the intention of creating a program to use Actionscript 3 to communicate with the UDP interface using datagrams. (The server is the IL2 device link interface) As I am very new to this development environment I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions.

1) Can I use datagram sockets with Air 2.5 with Actionscript 3 and Flash CS4?

2) Is there special procedure for installing the AIR SDK 2.5 or do I use the instructions layout in "How to Overlay the Adobe Air 2 SDK for Use with Flash Professional - Flash professional CS4"?

3) If I do use those instructions, when I edit the namespace for my application do I set it to 2.0 or 2.5?

4) As a stepping stone to building my program I was trying to try to build the Actionscript 3  DatagramSocketExample program that is published by Adobe. Unfortunately I am getting a '1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DatagramSocketDataEvent'.

Is there a step by step tutorial on how to get the example code up and running?

Thankyou for your time and patience with my noob questions

Ian