1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 1:04 PM by Günter Schenk

Help

MISTY76065

I am not sure I am posting in the correct place or not, if I am not I am sorry just point me in the right directions please.

Here is my problem, I am a Graphic Design student not yet graduated and new to Dreamweaver. What I need to do is making an order page, I have the form and the data base, I have three drop down menus, what I would like is the price to aumatically populate based on the selections from the drop down menu. How do I do this, would this be a PHP app or a Javascript? Any help is greatly appreciated. I am new to the whole scripting thing, I did however manage to do a php for a contact page and it worked

• 1. Re: Help
          Günter Schenk Level 4

Hi there,

MISTY76065 wrote:

I am not sure I am posting in the correct place or not, if I am not I am sorry just point me in the right directions please

The current forum has been established for users of the (discontinued) extension "Dreamweaver Developer Toolbox", so there are indeed better places to get help ;-)

Depending on the "nature" (e.g. PHP or JavaScript) of your question either the "Dreamweaver General Discussions" (http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_general) or the "Dreamweaver Application Development" (http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_development) forums would be the appropriate ones.

How do I do this, would this be a PHP app or a Javascript?

It´s actually a combination of both, because such "dependant dropdown menus" are - technically - based on JavaScript, whereas the data which defines each menu´s option/value - pairs can also be derived from Dreamweaver´s PHP_MySQL Recordsets. Extensions such as the one from Technorama will certainly be of great help when you´re not familiar with getting such things done by coding JavaScript and PHP.

However you need to be aware of a significant downside: dependant dropdown menus will not work for visitors which have JavaScript disabled in their browsers..

Cheers,

Günter