2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 2:51 PM by BurtJ

Flex 4: Error: Could not find 'components' for locale 'en_US'.

BurtJ Level 1

We are converting a fairly large body of working (and shipping) Flex 3 apps over to Flex 4, and I drew the short straw, so get to do it first...

I have gone through the 'transitioning' articles, made the css namespace changes, updated the classes that showed as deprecated, etc.  The first app builds with no warnings or errors.  It is set up to run in en_US, en_GB or fr_FR locales (and works in all those in Flex 3 shipping apps).

Using any of those locales, I get the following error (always complains of en_US even if locale was set to fr_FR):

Error: Could not find compiled resource bundle 'components' for locale 'en_US'.

My console shows it loaded lots of valid French stuff first, before complaining as in:

[SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf - 322,606 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\styles\mypals_style.swf - 1,303,976 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\styles\mypals_style.swf - 794,898 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf - 202,168 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\styles\mypals_style.swf - 194,635 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf - 1,303,976 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf - 794,898 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\styles\mypals_style.swf - 261,589 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf - 194,635 bytes after decompression
      [SWF] C:\ConnectedProducts\common-web\myname\bin-debug\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf - 261,589 bytes after decompression
      Error: Could not find compiled resource bundle 'components' for locale 'en_US'.
           at  mx.resources::ResourceManagerImpl/installCompiledResourceBundle()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks \projects\framework\src\mx\resources\ResourceManagerImpl.as:340]
           at  mx.resources::ResourceManagerImpl/installCompiledResourceBundles()[E:\dev\4.0.0\framework s\projects\framework\src\mx\resources\ResourceManagerImpl.as:269]
           at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/installCompiledResourceBundles()
           at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/docFrameHandler()
           at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/docFrameListener()

When I Google this error, I see lots of people having it, but nobody seems to have a solution (one thread gave a possible solution of specifying "-local=" (ie, no argument), but that didn't work either, and resulted in no French stuff showing up.

In case it is relevant, here is the script to build the French version of one of the devices supported by this code:

ruby scripts/concat_properties.rb -o resources.properties ^
           src/main/flex/locale/fr_common/res_myname_fr_common.properties ^
           src/main/flex/locale/fr_common/scout/res_myname_scout_fr_common.properties ^
           src/main/flex/locale/fr_fr/res_myname_fr_fr.properties ^
           ../../scout/common/src/locale/fr_common/mypals/resources.properties
      mxmlc -locale=fr_FR -source-path=. ^
           -include-resource-bundles=resources ^
           -output src/main/resources/bundles/mypals/fr_fr_resources.swf
      copy src\main\resources\bundles\mypals\fr_fr_resources.swf ^
           bin-debug\bundles\mypals

I have verified that I have sdk resources at both:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\locale\en_US

and

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\locale\fr_FR