I'm running out of ideas on what I can do to fix this issue, so I'm coming here for assistance. For the past few weeks, I have been having ongoing issues with the Adobe Flash plugin crashing consistently. This happens on every flash playing website, including YouTube. I experience the following symptoms when playing flash video:
- Sometimes the movie will start, and then I will get the flash plugin has crashed message and the option to send a crash report.
- Sometimes the movie won't start at all and I'm immediately presented with the crash.
- Refreshing the window sometimes will succeed, but again sometimes I get the crash immediately and other times I get it part way through the movie.
- Whenever the plugin crashes, it actually crashes the entire tab of Internet Explorer. No refresh page fix for this one folks.
I have performed the following:
- Ensured that both Firefox and IE are updated... they are.
- Ensuring that the flash plugin is the most up to date version... it is.
- Uninstalled, and reinstalled the flash plugin from Add / Remove Programs
- Uninstalled Flash using the flash uninstaller from the website, and then installing ver 10.0... still crashed.
- Updating from 10.0 to 10.1... still crashed.
I don't recall installing anything additional on my computer besides Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Civilization V within recent months. I'm running Windows 7 Professional which is constantly up to date, and the protection I have on here is Microsoft Security Essentials. I can't think of any application that would interfere with Flash enough to crash it.
Even i am facing same problem for past couple of months
I think its witht he flash player plugin than any other application.
Also i get the grey screen of flash player crash, across firefox, ie and chrome
But its most frequent with firefox.
Unfortunately I still have not been able to resolve this issue. It still doesn't matter what site I'm on or what causes it to crash. The only protection I'm running on my computer at this moment is microsoft security essentials. Does anyone else have any idea on what would cause this issue? I would really hate to have to reformat my computer to resolve... :/