3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 9:39 PM by Punkrulz24

Adobe Flash Plugin Frequently Crashes

Punkrulz24

Hello all,

I'm running out of ideas on what I can do to fix this issue, so I'm coming here for assistance. For the past few weeks, I have been having ongoing issues with the Adobe Flash plugin crashing consistently. This happens on every flash playing website, including YouTube. I experience the following symptoms when playing flash video:

Mozilla Firefox

- Sometimes the movie will start, and then I will get the flash plugin has crashed message and the option to send a crash report.

- Sometimes the movie won't start at all and I'm immediately presented with the crash.

- Refreshing the window sometimes will succeed, but again sometimes I get the crash immediately and other times I get it part way through the movie.

Internet Explorer

- Whenever the plugin crashes, it actually crashes the entire tab of Internet Explorer. No refresh page fix for this one folks.

I have performed the following:

- Ensured that both Firefox and IE are updated... they are.

- Ensuring that the flash plugin is the most up to date version... it is.

- Uninstalled, and reinstalled the flash plugin from Add / Remove Programs

- Uninstalled Flash using the flash uninstaller from the website, and then installing ver 10.0... still crashed.

- Updating from 10.0 to 10.1... still crashed.

I don't recall installing anything additional on my computer besides Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Civilization V within recent months. I'm running Windows 7 Professional which is constantly up to date, and the protection I have on here is Microsoft Security Essentials. I can't think of any application that would interfere with Flash enough to crash it.

Any ideas?