Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Scrollbar for a table

Former Community Member

Hi

I have a table with many columns which soesnt fit in a page comfortably along the width

So, is there a solution to have a scrollbar horizontally below the table so that i can scroll along the width of the table?

this will be of a great help to me.

9 Replies

Level 10

No, that's not possible.

You will need to configure your table and page to allow page breaks.

Former Community Member

Hi

page break can help me having more number of rows. table can be extended vertically

But i am having many columns. So, need to expand table horizontally.

Level 10

Hi there,

I think the best option would be having buttons to browse through the table horizontally or vertically.

To have a scrolling bar feature, it would need to be designed with objects within LiveCycle and a script object to control the behaviour of the objects within the design

Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure I understand your proposed approach. Perhaps you could show some example to clarify. Much appreciated.

Tarek

Level 10

Horizontally or Vertically?

I will make an example when I have the time and will post back in this discussion

Level 8

Thanks a lot !

A table with a Horizontal scroll option would be excellent. I did a lot of search, and all results indicated that this is not possible.

Tarek

Level 10

The only result I can come up with short time is cheap results... it is very hard to control such a functionality within LiveCycle without any tools too help creating it.

I've made my best for now, I don't know if it suits your needs but for now I've made quite a sample for scrolling options between different columns. (buttons instead of a scroll)

It might not be at its perfection, its only a basic functionality, columns don't resize when moving but it browses through columns tho

I might keep working on this functionality for better quality throughout different tables.

I hope this might help you!

ScrollTable.pdf - Google Drive

Level 8

Thank you my friend for spending the effort to explain to me. Now I understand what you mean.

If my company wants to implement this solution, I have to explain the approach, and the consequences. This is not straightforward, but with some extra effort, it can be a reliable option.

Thank you again.

Tarek