1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 8:39 AM by learner_doug

Captivate swf in flex application

Kévin LE LOSTEC

Hi all,

I have created a flex application which is a captivate video player and there is a really strange bug with fullscreen mode.

There are two ways to go fullscreen mode :

- first, a switch button with the following listener :

public function fullScreenHandler(evt:MouseEvent = null):void {

switch (Application.application.stage.displayState) {

case StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN:

Application.application.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.NORMAL;

break;

default:

Application.application.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

break;

}

}

- second, when click on video item in menu, fullscreen mode must be active automatically, so I add this listener on click even

public function btnVoirClickHandler(evt:MouseEvent):void {
           Application.application.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;
           this.dispatchEvent(new ChangeSWFEvent( this._strLink, this.title, true, this.timeControl,this.fullscreen,ChangeSWFEvent.CHANGE));
      }

When the event ChangeSWFEvent is dispatched, my video is loaded with a SWFLoader and wait the complete event to be played.

The first way works good but with the second, I have problems with flash player 9.0.28 on ie6 (It's not possible to update flash player or use another web browser) : video bug (blink, information video window from captivate is shown), sound bug and application not respond.

I know there are some safety measures about fullscreen (allowFullscreen, user action...) that's why the I put the code to switch to fullscreen in the
      btnVoirClickHandler function and not when video is loaded.

I try this solution but I have a security error : Error #2152...

Someone has an idea or a trick to solve the problem ?

Thank's for helping !