7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 3:24 PM by Charles VW

wav format rf64 or legacy format

hymenbuster Level 1

I really wish there was a way to make a preset for saving in wav format, 24 bit, 48 khz and NOT the rf64 format, but instead the legacy format. Is this possible? Some systems are not compatible with the rf64 format.

Skärmavbild 2010-11-19 kl. 13.58.17.png

• 1. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

A preset component for the Save As dialog configurations wasn't implemented this cycle, but I'll add a new feature request if I am unable to find one.  The dialog should retain the last used configuration for each of the primary file formats, so saving as custom WAV, then MP3, then switching the format back to WAV should display the same options you used the first time.

• 2. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
            hymenbuster Level 1

Ok cheers....but it doesn't seem to remember that part about rf64 or not...

• 3. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
              Charles VW Adobe Employee

hymenbuster wrote:

Some systems are not compatible with the rf64 format.

Which systems are you trying to target?  We'll only write the rf64 information if the file goes over 4 GB, otherwise it is just a normal WAV file (oversimplification).  In your screenshot, the estimated file size is under 1 GB, so those options shouldn't make a difference for that file.

On a different note, if the dialog always remembered your last used setting without having to use a preset would that work for you?

• 4. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
                hymenbuster Level 1

It's a web-interface that checks all wav files for the exact format of their choice. I can imagine quite a large number of people could run into this.

Yes, last setting would suffice :-)

Just to clarify: some systems will not even accept files that have the rf64 "flag" or whatever lies beneath ...it will not see the file as a legit wav-file.

Message was edited by: hymenbuster

• 5. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
                  TeetowSBZ Level 1

A strong vote in favor of presets here.

I'm not sure what you guys have in store for scripting / automating tasks in Audition, but predictably, one of the most common workflows is likely to be "do something to all open files, save to some folder, in some format," where a preset system (as opposed to hard-coding format properties) provides an convenient layer of abstraction.

• 6. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
                    _durin_ Adobe Employee

Take a look at the Batch Processing tool (Edit > Batch Process)  You can add any number of files to the panel, apply any favorite (which can be a single action or a combination of many - similar to Actions in Photoshop,) add prefix and postfixes to filenames, set your output location and final file format settings, then process those files using as many free CPU cores as you have available.  While it's processing these, you're free to continue working on other files or sessions while it churns away in the background.

• 7. Re: wav format rf64 or legacy format
                      Charles VW Adobe Employee

I just noticed your screenshot has "Include Markers and other Metadata" unchecked. I'm assuming that checking or unchecking this option doesn't make a difference in this case.?