2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 8:39 AM by Sebastianl

Flex Hero and Mx Charts

Sebastianl

I have a requirement to use mx.charts in my mobile application, as suggested in the below article

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/mobile_development_hero_burrito.html#articlecont entAdobe_numberedheader_3g

I have added the datavisualization.swc and mx.swc into the library path , but am still not able to refrence any charts. Am not sure if i need to change the namespace or something.

If anyone has created a mobile application using Hero and mx.charts please let me know what i need to do to solve this ..

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Flex Hero and Mx Charts
          TomCoppock

I have managed to get mx charts to compile and deploy in Burrito Mobile Applications by creating custom name spaces, for example:

xmlns:charts="mx.charts.*"
                       xmlns:series="mx.charts.series.*"
                       xmlns:chartClasses="mx.charts.chartClasses.*"

Then referencing these in the charts:

<chartClasses:CartesianChart....

I have included datavisualization.swc, mx.swc and sparkskins.swc in my path.

• 2. Re: Flex Hero and Mx Charts
            Sebastianl Level 1

Thanks Tom for the reply ,  I was able to get it to work using your approach,  The trick was with the sparkskin.swc , i was able to add the chart using script but then could not create a legend object and had to create the legend myself.

This makes things easier.