3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2010 4:51 PM by ronnieh1

Scientific Filters

ronnieh1 Level 1

The FFT filter works well as a sharp cutoff filter. But, the option to quickly switch between Low- and High-pass without changing the settings was extremely handy for audio restoration.

Would it be difficult to add a Low- High-pass switch to the FFT effect?

BTW: Thanks for this version! After just a few days of heavy use, the Mac Beta has improved my workflow AND output quality. I may be imagining this, but the restoration effects (especially Hiss) seem improved over v 1.5.

A few missing features result in slowdowns, but I'm sure there will be workarounds for those that don't make it to the release version. I assume that there will be AppleScript and Automator support?

• 1. Re: Scientific Filters
          ronnieh1 Level 1

Created separate Favorites for Low-Pass and High-Pass filters.

But this still requires that the frequency points be change, so it's not nearly as easy as the Low-pass/High-pass switch in Audition Windows.

• 2. Re: Scientific Filters
            Charles VW Adobe Employee

ronnieh1 wrote:

I may be imagining this, but the restoration effects (especially Hiss) seem improved over v 1.5.

We've done quite a bit of work in trying to improve the restoration effects since Audition 1.5.  Thanks for the feedback.

• 3. Re: Scientific Filters
              ronnieh1 Level 1

It's difficult for me to quantify restoration effects because the grunge dramatically changes character for each 78 that comes off the turntable.

I only know the effects are better when I don't have to keep fussing with settings to get good results without generating artifacts.

Audition Mac is a significant improvement, and everything works so much faster too. All this, and no need to compromise by using Windows!