1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2010 4:54 PM by Jeff Schewe

Can't access Camera Profiles in CS5

rzombeck

I am not able to access camera profies in CS5. I have done the following downloads / installs:

Camera Raw 6_2

Camera Raw 6_2 updater

Carmera Raw beta 6-3_r1_win_102510 (HOW DO i UNINSTALL?)

I have confirmed:

program Files / Common Files / Adobe / Camera Raw 6 / AMT - contains Camera Raw.8bi and component.xml

program Files / Common Files / Adobe / Plug-Ins / CS5 / File Formats /  Camera Raw.8bi

There is NO ACR or Camera Raw folder in Program Files / Adobe / CS5 / Plugins

There is NO ACR or Camera Raw folder in  Adobe / Bridge CS5 / Plugins

Also confirmed

Users/Richard/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0 folder and Index.dat and in 1.0 folder /pscache.dat

I'm thoroughly confused. When I open an image in Camera Raw and click on Camera Calibration, the Process is 2010 and the Profile is Standard, Faithful, Landscape, Portrait, etc....

On CS4 though, the Camera Profile drop down contained a long list of cameras but the Camera Raw window does indicate my camera (EOS 5d Mark II).

Appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

• 1. Re: Can't access Camera Profiles in CS5
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

rzombeck wrote:

I'm thoroughly confused. When I open an image in Camera Raw and click on Camera Calibration, the Process is 2010 and the Profile is Standard, Faithful, Landscape, Portrait, etc....

If you have Adobe Standard and the other vendor matching profiles such as Faithful, Portrait, Landscape, etc. you ALREADY have the correct profiles for your camera. The exact camera model NEVER appeared in the Camera Calibration panel, only in the main window header...Camera Raw knows what camera the raw image is from (via the EXIF metadata) and only shows the profiles for that camera. So, it looks like your install is indeed correct, you have the camera profiles and you're all set to go...