4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2010 10:33 PM by Bluescreen333

Premiere Elements 9 won't start on my PC

Bluescreen333

Hi,

content owner of PSE since several versions, but new owner of Premiere Elements 9 now. Just one problem: it won't start on my PC.

Whenever I try to open a new project or try to open a video file via the organizer, the following error message appears:

I've already reinstalled the application, after updating quicktime and the driver of my graphics card (a rather old ATI X1650) but to no avail.

Somebody has a hint for me what to try?

Thanks

Stefan

preproblem.jpg

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 won't start on my PC
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you registered your product? That's very important in order to make sure all of its components work.

I assume you're on a Windows machine -- but are you by any chance on Windows 7 64-bit? That operating system has been known to have problems with Premiere Elements. (The 32-bit version should work fine.)

Finally, is it possible you have Adobe professional software (CS4 or CS5) installed on your computer? There have also bee known conflicts between the Organizer the the CS4/CS5 Bridge program.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 won't start on my PC
            Bluescreen333 Level 1

Sorry, I forgot to mention my system. I'm running Windows XP SP 3 32 bit on a Dual Core Intel PC.

I don't have other Photoshop programs except PSE 9 on my PC, and the usual Adobe products like Reader 9, Flash, Shockwave. I have howeber still three older versions of PSE on my system (4,7 and 8). Do you think that this might cause trouble?

I have registered PSE 9 immediately after installation, but don't know how to register Premiere Elements when it doesn't start.

Meanwhile I installed the latest Windows updates, even the non important ones, as mentioned in another thread

Thanks for your help so far, Steve.

Stefan

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 won't start on my PC
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, make sure have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer. That's required.

Then try this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377?tstart=0

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 won't start on my PC
                Bluescreen333 Level 1

Still no luck, not even with the License repair tool. Maybe I'll try to deinstall and reinstall the complete package including PSE tonight and hope that I'm not going to loose my serial numbers. While I can deactivate PSE, I can't deactivate Premiere, cause it doesn't start. I think however that chances to keep the serials are quite good because Premiere is most likely not yet registered, for it didn't run once so far.

I even used Secunia PSI to update outdated prrograms.

Seems to be a problem with the organizer. The PSE editor works flawlessly, but if I open the organizer from the PSE startup screen the same "dynamic link manager" error message appears. I can use the organizer however if I open it from PSE, but if I try to open it from the Premiere startup window, it won't load.