2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 4:41 AM by dradeke

Best way to roll back to 5.01?

Missteach Level 1

Hi,

Since updating to 5.02, PPCS5 on W7 throws up errors when capturing from a Canon XM2.  Had no problems with 5.01.  And, don't have a problem using PE8 - in fact I have to use PE8 to capture because PPCS5 refuses to play ball.

So, what's the simplest way to roll back a version?  Bearing in mind I have the Master Collection installed.

Cheers

• 1. Re: Best way to roll back to 5.01?
          shooternz Level 6

Before rolling back , I would search for a solution to the issue a little while longer.

Its no big deal to capture meantime  in the other workflow and there are no guarantees that rolling back will fix the issue ( ie. it could be something else).

• 2. Re: Best way to roll back to 5.01?
            dradeke Adobe Employee

Yeah, going back to 5.01 is probably not the right way to go.  I agree that finding the problem is probably the right way to go about this.

Try the standard stuff:

trash prefs,

upgrade graphics driver

clean media cache

If that doesn't work, here's what I would do.

I would launch the uninstaller for Master Collection and then I would uninstall/reinstall JUST Premiere Pro.  Once you do that, then run the updater to get Premiere Pro back to 5.02 and see how things go.  Failing that, then I would contact tech support and this forum for additional suggestions.

Hope this helps,

Dennis