7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 5:30 PM by kglad

LoadMovie delay help

ssamuels222

Hi

I have a movie at www.sspaintings.com.

This one loads a second movie on one of the pages.

I have noticed that when the movie loads there is a short delay, kind of like a jump.

I have tried removing all sound to see if this made a difference but there is no difference.

Can anyone tell me how to avoid this if possible.

Also is there anywhere where I could learn how to send variables back into flash from a php file.

I want to create html tags on the file so that the search engines can find them.

Thanks. Samanthat

• 1. Re: LoadMovie delay help
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you see a delay between what and what?

• 2. Re: LoadMovie delay help
            ssamuels222 Level 1

Hi Kglad,

I see a delay between movie 1: sspaintings.swf (Flash 6-as1) and 2: firstladies.swf.(Flash7-as2)

When on the site you need to listen for it. The music kind of stops and then continues.

I have removed the music altogether from the second movie, which is exactly the same as the first movie but one can still hear it.

The 2nd movie is loaded and the user can access it by clicking on the travelling exhibit page either on the bottom image or the link saying:

Go to the first ladies book.

When I test it on my computer I hear the delay also and the first movie loads well then after a few it loads the second.

In the movie output this is what comes out after the first movie loads, which I assume is for the second movie because that movie is Flash7 - as2

This is what I get once the second movie loads and that is precisely when I hear the delay.

Forms Component - Version 0.81
            page2 reset
            _level0.emptyclip.instance184
            page3 reset
            setpages ->0,0,0,1
            page3 reset

-----------------------------------------

Thanks so much. Sorry I didn't answer before but I had to clean up my computer from some malwarebytes.

• 3. Re: LoadMovie delay help

i hear some sound irregularities that are caused by something consuming cpu cycles.  it's not possible to determine what's causing those cpu cycles to be consumed without knowledge of your app and, even then, would probably require a fair amount of trial-and-error.

• 4. Re: LoadMovie delay help
                ssamuels222 Level 1

Hi Kglad,

Can I read about that somewhere? Is there a subject I can look at?

• 5. Re: LoadMovie delay help

you would need  to optimize your swf's performance.  this is a wide-ranging somewhat nebulous topic.

• 6. Re: LoadMovie delay help
                    ssamuels222 Level 1

Thanks so much. I'll use that lead.

• 7. Re: LoadMovie delay help

you're welcome.