8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2010 2:09 PM by Ann Bens

Wich Settings?

s.buman123

Hi all,

I made a little movie with my gopro hd hero.

Info:

1280*720

mp4

60frames

16000kbits

Wich settings are the best in the adobe premier pro cs5?

thank you!

sam

• 1. Re: Wich Settings?
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Grab the clip and drag it down to the "new item" icon in the project bin and drop it over that icon. It'll create a new timeline with the settings that best match your clip and auto-embed your clip in that timeline.

• 2. Re: Wich Settings?
            Colin Brougham Level 6

Drag a clip to the New Item icon (looks like a piece of paper with a dog-ear) at the bottom of the Project Panel. Premiere will create a sequence that matches your footage--no guesswork involved.

@ David: JINX!

• 3. Re: Wich Settings?
              s.buman123 Level 1

ah ok,

yes now i have a new timeline.

and now? which settings in the export settings?

sam

• 4. Re: Wich Settings?
                davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Well, it depends on what your end use is... if you're going to DVD, that's different than if you're going to YouTube or Vimeo or a different web host, which can be different if you're just outputting a file for use on a computer...

If you want an export that is as close as possible to your original, just tick the box in the upper section of the exporter (near where you select which format you want to use) that says "match project settings" or something like that.

If you want to go to DVD, either use MPEG2-DVD or use DynamicLink to Encore. If you want to go to Bluray, either use H.264-Bluray or use DynamicLink to encore again. If you're going to Vimeo or YouTube, check their websites for the best settings to use. I know Vimeo has a page of best-use settings. I think CS5 actually includes presets for YouTube already...

• 5. Re: Wich Settings?
                  s.buman123 Level 1

I want an export that is as close as possible to your original.

So I choose the option "match project settings".

But the format is 4:3, and the quality is very very bad.

sam

• 6. Re: Wich Settings?
                    davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Sounds like you've done something wrong somewhere if you're getting 4:3... What is the delivery method for your finished product? DVD? Data file? Upload to the web?

If file size is not an issue, then I'd use uncompressed AVI or perhaps MPEG2, manually set your frame rate, aspect ratio, and image size (use a preset to get yourself started and then fine-tune it as you go).

If file size IS an issue, then use h.264; again start with a preset and fine-tune if you need to.

If you're embedding the file in a powerpoint, then use WMV (that's the ONLY time I'd recommend WMV as en export format!)

If you're going to either DVD or Bluray, then use DynamicLink to Encore and let it handle your conversion settings.

If you're going to a mobile phone, then use one of the mobile phone presets under h.264.

• 7. Re: Wich Settings?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Sam,

IIRC, this ARTICLE was written with PrElements in mind, but might prove useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Wich Settings?
                        Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                        function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

I want an export that is as close as possible to your original.

I would choose the HDTV 720 presets under H264.