4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 10:55 AM by Hub1986

Multisession Bug

Hub1986

Hi!

I started with an .omf Session working on a video. I had to replace a file, which I inserted into a track by the "Insert > File..." Option. Since then my session is corrupted: the session length is no more 10 minutes, but 17 hours 11 minutes. That's really annoying, because the inserted file (and everytime you insert a next one) occurs in the end of the session and you have to move it to the very beginning of the session. You need up to a minute or two if you have to move short clips and my workflow is now totally disturbed.

In the properties tab you can only change the "Start Time" and the "Duration" field is grayed out.

Example: http://twitpic.com/398at9/full

That would be nice if this is fixed in a soon release.

• 1. Re: Multisession Bug
          Charles VW Adobe Employee

Does the file you're inserting have a BWF time reference embedded in it?

What does the Metadata panel show for this file you're inserting.  My guess is that you're running into a file that has a large embedded time reference and the multitrack is automatically putting it there.  If you uncheck the "Use embedded timecode when inserting clips into Multitrack" preference, does it make a difference?

Screen shot 2010-11-22 at 3.27.44 PM.png

• 2. Re: Multisession Bug
            Hub1986 Level 1

Yeah, cool that solved it. And indeed, my Wave-Files contain BMF tags.

Because I'm working a lot with film I had checked this option previously. But I was unaware that my own Zoom Recorder was generating actual timestamps and using them as timecode.

Thanks a lot!

And by the way: I was able to fix my multisession-file and set a new end-point by modifying the .sesx file in my php-editor. But why can't I easily change that point in Audition?

• 3. Re: Multisession Bug
              Charles VW Adobe Employee

Hub1986 wrote:

And by the way: I was able to fix my multisession-file and set a new end-point by modifying the .sesx file in my php-editor. But why can't I easily change that point in Audition?

The Zoom Out Full button will usually trim off the dead-space at the end of the session (assuming you don't have any clips or anything sitting out in no-man's land).

Screen shot 2010-11-23 at 10.02.14 AM (2).png

• 4. Re: Multisession Bug
                Hub1986 Level 1

No, that button was completely useless when I encountered the problem. But I find it quite usefull that sessions are now saved in a xml-likely format that allow maintenance if something is broken.