8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 4:44 PM by iconofsin14

Off stage display

iconofsin14 Level 1

Is there any way to display flash objects which are outside the display area when flash is embeded in HTML

The reason i ask is my current project has a rotating + enlarging effect which is largely dynamic so sometimes an object may clip the edge of the stage area
      this looks messy but i dont want to increase the stage area to cover  the largest possible area any object could enter because most of the time the objects are at the center and small so i would end up with a lot of white space

• 1. Re: Off stage display
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the answer to your question is yes, but then you'll be displaying white space when your off-stage object is not off-stage.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Off stage display
            iconofsin14 Level 1

surely that would be the same as having an actual bigger stage

I want HTML elements to occupy the off stage space as they normally would but for the page to allow flash objects to be displayed as they move off stage, sort so they would go over the top of HTML elements if they occupied the same space.

• 3. Re: Off stage display

you can publish flash with an enlarged transparent stage.

• 4. Re: Off stage display
                iconofsin14 Level 1

and this HTML objects can still occupy the area of this stage as if it was not there correct?

how do you do this?

• 5. Re: Off stage display

you can use the z-index attribute of divs to have html overlay your flash or part of your flash.

• 6. Re: Off stage display
                    iconofsin14 Level 1

Z index can only be applied to absolutly positioned objects

how do i make non-positioned html objectcs overlay

also currently the flash is on top

i have a HTML text area whch can be clicked on bellow the flash (the text can be highlighted)
                    but a different HTML area with links it cannot be clicked on (the links and mouse over effect they have dont work)
                    • 7. Re: Off stage display

that's not true.

use google to search for a div tutorial.

• 8. Re: Off stage display
                        iconofsin14 Level 1

i have managed to get the html to appear on top of the flash buy giving the html absolute positioning

but not actually setting top and left properties

the thing it the HTML now appears on top of the flash content

What i wanted at the start is for the on stage flash content to be rendered when it moved off stage and to bedrawn under any flash content that got in the wayob

since i have been unable to get flash objects to appear outside the stage area i have tried greatly increasing the stage size and making the HTML appear on top
                        but this causes the HTML to appear in front of the blank stage and any moving objects as well

i just need to ovoid having the flash objects getting cropped when they reach the edge but also have the HTML objects clickable