12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 11:48 AM by bpylant

Adobe REFUSES to upgrade CS5 Acrobat Professional 9 users to Acrobat X

hard copy Level 1

Adobe REFUSES to upgrade CS5 Acrobat Professional 9 users to Acrobat X

That's Right! Adobes recent upgrade to Acrobat X is a real "X" for Adobe CS5 customers.  There is no upgrade path according to the support line.  Support line conversation included below.

Yovan Thank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 3 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

You are now chatting with Yovan.

Yovan: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Jason : Hi Yovan.

Yovan: Hi Jason.

Yovan: As I understand you want to purchase upgrade, Am I correct?

Jason : I just purchased 2 CS5 upgrades. 1 for mac and 1 for PC for my printing/graphics department and now Acrobat X comes out. I am wondering if there is a free upgrade for those that just purchased the suites.

Yovan: Thank you for confirming.

Yovan: Just to keep you informed, Acrobat X upgrade is possible from single Acrobat 9 product.

Yovan: Since you have CS5 suite product you will not be able to upgrade to Acrobat X.

Yovan: To know more information on purchase, I will provide you with the link to contact sales team.

Yovan: Please click here.

Jason : That doesn't sound very fair Yovan. We just bought CS5 less than 30 days ago which is inclusive of a version of Adobe Acrobat Pro 9. Adobe upgrades within this time and we (customers) are just supposed to accept that with a smile?

Yovan: I truly understand your concern.

Yovan: Since you have CS5 suite product It is not applicable to upgrade to Acrobat X.

Jason : Can you give me more information on that Yovan. The anwser is a bit lacking. CS5's Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 CANNOT be upgraded through any means? Is that what you are saying?

Yovan: I'll be right with you.

Yovan: 1. Upgrade for Acrobat X is possible, if customer has point product Acrobat.

Yovan: 2. If customer have Acrobat along with the suite product, then it is not possible to upgrade.

Yovan: 3. Point to point product is available, suite to point is not available.

Jason : So If I bought Adobe Acrobat Pro X upgrade it would not upgrade the the Acrobat Pro 9? Simple yes or no will suffice and let my company decide which way to go. We have 7 computers with Adobe Suites.

Yovan: Sorry to inform you that you will not be able to upgrade from,Acrobat Pro 9 CS5 to Adobe Acrobat Pro X.

Jason : Thanks. I will post this to the forums so others can learn. You have been very helpful