3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 2:22 AM by Mylenium

comps closing on save

mike_mike_motorbike Level 1

Hey Guys,

I've just noticed this today starting.  I'll quit the program and open it again and all my compositions are closed.  It's not saving my place, if that makes any sense, so I have to re-open all needed comps.  In some way this is handy, but I'd like to know if there's something wrong.

Thanks,
      Mike

• 1. Re: comps closing on save
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Nothing wrong. AE has never opened up on the last project. You can use keyboard shortcuts to open the last project however. Just mash down on all of the modifier keys on the right side of the keyboard and then press P.  (Cmnd/Ctrl + Alt/Option + Shift + P)

You'll find all common keyboard shortcuts right next to their Menu functiions. IOW File>Open Recent Projects>The top project will have the shortcut.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: comps closing on save
            mike_mike_motorbike Level 1

Thanks Rick,

Sorry, I meant that when I open a saved project, it used to open in the state i closed it with all the comps i was working on open.  Now the comp viewer is empty and i have to re-open them from the project library...

sorry to not be clear.

• 3. Re: comps closing on save
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have probaly re-arranged your workspace or created a custom one and the last saved state of the workspace was with teh comp panel closed. Assign a new workspace/ reset to "Standard" or trash your workspace files in your user home directory so AE will re-create them fresh with factory defaults....

Mylenium