4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2010 4:19 AM by RDA972

Restoring the Audio of a Clip?

teecee2010

Hi guys,

I am cutting video on a music track and while I push video clips around, it happens that I lose the orignal audio of the clips.

Is there an easy way to restore the original audio of my video clips with the proper In and Out points?

Cheers,

T.

• 1. Re: Restoring the Audio of a Clip?
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          it happens that I lose the orignal audio of the clips.

Did you look under the kitchen sink?

PR is a non-destructive editor, so you will always keep the original sound in the clip on your disk. You may lose parts of a clip by setting different in- and out-points, but just dragging the clip from the project panel to the timeline corrects the loss.

• 2. Re: Restoring the Audio of a Clip?
            teecee2010 Level 1

I am well aware of the fact that the audio is not "lost". I was just wondering, if there is a command to get the audio back without manually adjusting the In and Out points...

If I open the clip in the Source Monitor, there is only a video icon, no audio. But if I open the clip from the Project Panel, I lose my In and Out Points...

• 3. Re: Restoring the Audio of a Clip?
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Drag the clip from the project panel to the source monitor, set whatever in- and out-point you want and them drag the clip from the source monitor to the timeline to create a second or third instance of that clip, all with different in- and out-points.

• 4. Re: Restoring the Audio of a Clip?
                RDA972 Level 3

Try this :

1. Right-click on the clip in the timeline.

2. Choose "Reveal in project".

3. Double click on the file in the project panel. It will show up in the source monitor with its in & out points.

4. Drag the audio portion of the clip from the source monitor to the timeline. It will match the video which is already there.

5. Link audio & video.

Hope that helps.