Can you let me know the following:
- What are the permissions set for the following folder on your machine: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader. To check that out, select 'Reader' folder and right click on. Go to 'Properties-> Security' and let me know what's shown there!
You can try the following to make Reader X work:
- Uninstall the Reader 9.x version from the machine.
- Delete the folder 'Reader 9.0' or anything in it. This folder exists at: - C:\Program Files\Adobe
- Install Reader X.
Hopefully this will work.
i already deleted reader 9 and tried it again but it didn't help.
i went through what you asked about the permission set but i don't have "security" tab. instead, under "sharing" i have some stuff involving security. there's only an option of making he folder private. actually a choice here is not given and box is not marked, i can't make it private. plus' it says that windows has disabled remote access to the computer
I have found out how to solve this issue..
Took A few days to figure it out and a lot of installs and un-installing
Install CS6 master collection again and restart your machine- Make sure all anti-virus is disabled
What you have to do:
1. Press Start
2. go under "Abode Master Collection CS6 (it should say its empty)
3. now left click the folder "Adobe Master Collection" and open it..
4. it will now come up with all programmes that SHOULD have worked - their thumbnails will not be visible it will look as if its corrupted.
5. Now this is a long procedure- go on the first shortcut, lefts click and go to properties.
6. Then select the option that says "Open File Location" it will then take you to its main folder.
7. Left click the highlighted Programme within the main folder, then go on properties
8. Go on the security Tab, press "continue" then you go on "Add" then type your account name, then "check name" then tick the box "full control"
9. Then navigate to the "compatibility" Tab and select "Run this programme as an administrator (if you don't do this it will come up with another error)
You should now have the thumbnail (picture) for the programme now
You have to now repeat this for the rest of the programmes/shortcut's within the "Adobe Master Collection" Folder