4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 4:12 PM by mmartenn

Script help.

mmartenn

The link is to a document that I need help with. (http://docs.google.com/a/ghattasgroup.com/leaf?id=0B4j0wAo3IyiVNTY3NmE5ZTItNzViYy00MWM2LTl iY2QtZjcyNGRmMjFkNjIy&sort=name&layout=list&num=50)

I have two text fields that are hidden and will be made visible manually.

The text fields are: Post FlightXX and ReleaseXX.

What is the easiest way to make those become visible, but be able to be re-hidden?

--------------------------------

On the first page you can see how I did it, but its just going to take to long to do each page. Is it possible to use java script? (i don't know anything about java script)

• 1. Re: Script help.
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Change the display property to display.hidden and later on back to

display.visible ?

• 2. Re: Script help.
            mmartenn Level 1

To clearful.

The document will be distrubed with extended rights. So I need something built in.

• 3. Re: Script help.
              gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

> I have two text fields that are hidden and will be made visible manually.

You can add a button(s) with an action to show/hide the fields or you could add JavaScript to the butoon to show or hide the fields or use JavaScript to show or hide the fields when certain conditions are met. These are your only options for users with Reader or users that are viewing the form on the Web. These methods are considered to be an automated solution. Showing the fields manually implies using one of the form editors to modify the field's properties.

Note many may not see the document since not everyone has an account at GhattasGroup.com.

• 4. Re: Script help.
                mmartenn Level 1

the document is open to the public.

When I say manually I mean a button. But having to program 9 buttons on each page for 10 pages will take me forever. is there an easier way.