4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 8:56 PM by Jim_Simon

One-click turn off all effects

Toomany3 Level 1

Is there a way to turn off all effects from a sequence, a master "eyeball" so to speak?    And then all effects back on again?

Once some heavy effects go on (Color Finesse, stablizers, etc.), things come to a crawl even with MPE.  But just for editing and scrubbing through, I'd like to just turn off all my effects and cut it in its unfinished state.

• 1. Re: One-click turn off all effects
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Nope (Aren't you tired of hearing that?)

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

• 2. Re: One-click turn off all effects
            Toomany3 Level 1

Haha!  Yeah, actually.

Anyone have a work around idea?

I was thinking of having two projects in the same sequence on different video tracks and cutting with shitf-click so it cuts all the way through...  One virgin cut and the other all FX'd out.  I know, major pain, but not as much as taking a fast cut sequence with 100 clips with 3-4 effects on each clip and having to turn them off one by one.

Well, now that I think about it, both ideas are terrible.

I know that you should cut first and then color/effect, but sometimes you might have to cut out 5 minutes from a show and watch it back in real time so you are sure you're still telling a good story.

I just assumed with MPE that everything would play back in real time.  Opps.  I guess not.  Dont' get me wrong, it's way better, but most of the plugins I use cripple CS5 like previous versions.

Plugins like Mercalli, Color Finesse, Neat Video noise remover, Looks, etc...

Oh well...  Any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: One-click turn off all effects
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

As Colin says, there's no one-click approach, but there are some commands and tips here that make it a _little_ more convenient.

• 4. Re: One-click turn off all effects
                Jim_Simon Level 8

Oh well...  Any other suggestions?

Like you said, edit first, then do your effects work.  If you need to change the edit after doing the effects, just render the section in question to see if it still flows.