3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2010 11:11 AM by the_wine_snob

Length of video

wset90 Level 1

I am using Premiere 8 and Windows 7. I have created a film lasting 8 minutes. When I try to share it by creating an avi file on my pc, the length of the film is shown as 2 Hours 28 minutes. Why is this?

• 1. Re: Length of video
          nealeh Level 5

The most likely cause is a rogue clip down the timeline. I've replied in your other discussion how you might track it down.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Length of video
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

One way is to press the \ key (above the Enter key). This will show your entire timeline.

If the light gray Work Area Bar (along the timeline's "ticker" ) is stretched beyond the end of your movie (in your case, it will likely be over 2 hours long) then you have some rogue clips floating around out there.

Click and drag your mouse over the area to select them and then press Delete.

When you've got them all, the Work Area Bar should shrink to the size of your actual movie.

• 3. Re: Length of video
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE might offer tips on finding any "Orphans," that are on the Timeline, out beyond where you intend to have any Clips.

Good luck,

Hunt