3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2010 11:26 AM by BigJohnD

PDF Filter

Hawkeye334

I believe there is a PDF filter available for PM - can you please guide me to it and give advice on how to install it into PM7?

Thanks

Ken

• 1. Re: PDF Filter
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

That filter, IIRC can only handle PDFs with Acrobat 4 compatibility. Given that Acrobat X (10) just came out, I wouldn't count on it being worth much to you at this point. If you need to place PDFs as part of your workflow I strongly suggest upgrading to InDesign.

Bob

• 2. Re: PDF Filter
            Hawkeye334 Level 1

Thanks for the info Bob - I do have InDesign but after a lifetime with

Pagemaker I find it decidedly difficult to start again with new software -

Ill persevere with PM!!

Ken

• 3. Re: PDF Filter
              BigJohnD Level 3

Hawkeye334 wrote:

Thanks for the info Bob - I do have InDesign but after a lifetime with

Pagemaker I find it decidedly difficult to start again with new software

There are a few slightly different and new concepts to get to grips with but in all cases it's a better application.  Creating a PDF is all but the same as saving a file.

If you're at all familiar with Illustrator, you'll have no problems,