3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2010 4:01 PM by kglad

How to view to a webpage in normal view?

learner_7n

Hi,

I am using Flash CS4 AS3.. When I open my browser "Internet Explorer 7" it opens normal. But When I open a link using the following Flash code it opens half in length and half in width. I need to click on "Maximise" button to view in full. How to solve the problem? It is our Intranet link.

PM3.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,PM3ClickHandler);

function PM3ClickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {

navigateToURL (new URLRequest ("http://engineering/history/thisyear/ceomessage.htm"));

}

I tried modifying the line as well. It also doesnt work.

navigateToURL(new URLRequest ("http://engineering/history/thisyear/ceomessage.htm"), "_blank");

Pelase help.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to view to a webpage in normal view?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

your web page embeds your swf and the browser size is large enough to view your links (the way you want) but when you open that link your window shrinks???

or, your browser size that you use to view your flash is small and when you click the link, you want your browser to enlarge?

• 2. Re: How to view to a webpage in normal view?
            learner_7n Level 1

Hi,

My Flash document size is : 1000 x 600. And the file I am trying to open using link on my Flash File is 800 x 600. Though the browser opens as a half page. To see the document I need it maximize the browser.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: How to view to a webpage in normal view?
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

that's your system setting.  to change your popup window size you can drag the lower right corner of you popup window to the desired size and then right click the upper left of your browser window and click close.  the next time you open a popup, your browser should be the size when you clicked close.

if you want to control, not just your's but, the user's popup window, you'll need to use javascript with flash.