9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 6:12 AM by darto1976

acr 6.3 missing profiles

darto1976

Hi guys;

I've just installed the acr 6,3 rc and have some problems with opening my nefs within photoshop cs5 and with the missing camera profiles under acr 6.3.

I've read all the stuff about these problems from these forums and tried lots of things with no success.

1) my camera is Nikon d7000 and I'm trying to open d7000 nefs under cs5 with no success. It says "unable to use camera raw plug in"

(I can view the nefs as thumbnails from open menu in cs5 though.)

2) to view my d7000 nefs, I use bridge cs5 and within bridge I can run the acr 6,3 and view the nefs but again they dont open under psp cs5.

3) within bridge cs5, when I run acr 6,3, as a camera profile just 1 (adobe standard) profile is the only option.

(there are no other profiles like landscape,portrait....)

4) within bridge cs5, when I try to open my existing ** d90 nefs** , camera raw 4,6 runs and the camera profile name is acr 4.6 and has more than 10 profiles as it should have(vivid,landscape....)

5) I'm using xp but tried on win 7 and the same problems occur there too.

6) I have installed the dngconverter6-3_r1_win_102510.exe as it is said in these forums and nothing happened, still just 1 profile under acr 6.3 with d7000 nefs.

Since I can open d7000 nefs under bridge + acr 6.3 , missing profiles problem is more critical for me.

Waiting for your suggestions,

thx in advance

Melih

• 1. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

darto1976 wrote:

Since I can open d7000 nefs under bridge + acr 6.3 , missing profiles problem is more critical for me.

The D7000 is new? Either the profiles haven't been done yet for the RC version of 6.3 or Adobe doesn't intend to. Not all cameras have vender matching profiles. But since 6.3 is only at RC state, there's no way to know. You can make your own DNG profiles using the free DNG Profile Editor from www.labs.adobe.com.

As for not being able to open Camera Raw from Photoshop, the simple answer would be it's not properly installed. You don't mention 32/64- OS. Are you sure you ran the installer and got both versions of Camera Raw properly installed?

• 2. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
            darto1976 Level 1

thx for your reply,

you're right, I couldn't install the acr by using the installer bec it gave errors while installing so I read all the related stuff and then copied the camera raw.8dbi to the right location manually to make it work.

I'm using 32 bit os.

And for the profiles,as far as I remember, I think I've read about some d7000 users who use these profiles with success on acr 6.3.

• 3. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
              Yammer Level 4

I don't know if there's a DNG Converter 6.3RC, but if there is, you can install that to get your profiles.

• 4. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
                darto1976 Level 1

6) I have installed the dngconverter6-3_r1_win_102510.exe as it is said  in these forums and nothing happened, still just 1 profile under acr 6.3  with d7000 nefs.

• 5. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
                  Yammer Level 4

Sorry, missed that bit

• 6. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
                    ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think anyone has the new camera-centric profiles for the D7000, yet.  The fact the D7000 is supported at all is what people are happy about.

As evidence, I have ACR 6.3 RC and LR 3.3 RC installed on my computer.

As far as I can tell, by looking at the modification-dates of the folders under:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera and

C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera

the profiles that are new or updated this round are:

Canon PowerShot G12

Canon PowerShot S95

Nikon D3100

However, under C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard and C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard there is an extra Nikon D7000 Adobe Standard.dcp profile, and to Jeff's point, the D7000 is new and Adobe has only created their own Adobe Standard profile for the RC release, although I'd expect the other ones to be included in the final release.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
                      darto1976 Level 1

thx for the reply, this might be the reason.

• 8. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
                        MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee

The only color profile available for the D7000 in the 6.3/3.3 Release Candidates is "Adobe Standard". This is expected behavior.

• 9. Re: acr 6.3 missing profiles
                          darto1976 Level 1

Now, I feel much better.

thx a lot.