1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2006 9:15 PM by kglad

Simple Number display-- ActionScript Help!

dmcdonou
      Hey, I know this is a bonehead question, but I'm brand new to ActionScript and I don't even know where to begin looking:

I'm using Flash 8, and I need to do the following:

I have a bunch of buttons that simulate a number pad, and I need the to alter a text box to reflect the numbers pressed and the order they were pressed in: exactly like a calculator, so clicking on the buttons for 1, 2, and 4 will change to text box/display thingy to say "124." THEN, I need to be able to store than value (124) and recall it into another text box/display thingy... or save the same text box and display it at a different frame in the time line. So, for example:

I gotoandStop at frame "NumPad," where I can punch in a number and it shows up in front of me. Then, I hit a "Select"
      button, and we gotoandStop at frame "Confirm" where the number I punched in is displayed but not alterable.

How do I do that?
        • 1. Re: Simple Number display-- ActionScript Help!
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can use a key listener (check the Key class) to detect when the keypad numbers are pressed and you can store those values in a string variable as they are detected and display them in a dynamic textfield.

i'm not sure what you want to do when "select is pressed, but a dynamic textfield is not editable so your number will continually be displayed and not editable.