2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 1:27 AM by lukevanin

Error #3219 in AIR nativeProcess.start()

rjoshicool Level 2

I am getting Error #3219 when running an AIR application, while calling nativeProcess.start(). This error doesn't comes when the application is running from the IDE but comes when run after installing it. I have included extendedDesktop while publishing.

• 1. Re: Error #3219 in AIR nativeProcess.start()
          Dakular

add the red line in your .xml config file like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.0beta2">

<supportedProfiles>extendedDesktop</supportedProfiles>

• 2. Re: Error #3219 in AIR nativeProcess.start()
            lukevanin Level 1

This is what I finally did to solve it:

1. Add "extendedDesktop" is in the app config file as mentioned above.
            2. Set the extendedDesktop profile is on the Main.mxml file in Flash Builder (right-click on the .mxml file, select Properties, select Run/Debug settings, select the launch configuration, then select the extendedDesktop profile).
            3. On application startup check for NativeProcess.isSupported which should return true.
            4. Check that executable and working directory paths are correct.
            5. Set execute permissions on the executable file (required on OS X). There are two ways to do this:
              1. Inside Flash Builder, right-click on the executable file, select properties, select resource, tick the boxes under the "Execute" column.
              2. Open terminal, then run: chmod 777 /path/to/executable

* Sorry for lack of screenshots, grabber doesn't seem to like OS X inside a VM.