2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2010 10:09 PM by HealthcareHelper

Multiple Flash objects on the same page

HealthcareHelper Level 1

I'm planning to add a page to my site that would have sample music from a variety of artists. There would be several sentances about the musician, then a free Flash mp3 player I'm using. I'm planning at least a dozen of these on the page. I didn't anticipate any problems, but a page where I had done something similar suddenly stopped working. Nothing I've tried will fix it. I don't want to go ahead until I find out if there are details I need to know about having multiple Flash objects on a page. Here's a link to the page that broke ... supposed to be a second instance of the player below the paragraph that talks about Ramblin' Jack Elliott ... instead there's just space ...

http://www.keithpurtell.com/kthings/bruce.htm

• 1. Re: Multiple Flash objects on the same page
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you have faulty embedding code.  the first error i see is none of your parameter tags are closed.

although the first thing i notice is your html file is formatted as if you're trying to make it as difficult as possible to detect formatting errors.

• 2. Re: Multiple Flash objects on the same page
            HealthcareHelper Level 1

Well, I closed all the param tags, but still had the problem. Then I noticed both objects had the same id="" value, so I fixed that and now both players appear. But the fix meant creating an second javascript at the top of the page used to invoke swfobject, which I had been advised I should use. I'm now wondering if swfobject is really crucial. I'm also trying to figure out why the player is displaying some incorrect text before it is clicked. The incorrect text does not appear on the page where I used the multiple-song version of this mp3 player. Modifying the Actionscript file did not help the text problem either. Seems I have several issues to resolve. And jimminy it's after midnight.