5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2007 7:32 AM by Nick_G_M

Search highlighting and drop text error

Nick_G_M Level 1
      I've used Peter Grainge's trick that highlights text within search results. However, now the dropdown/expandable text doesn't work. No errors are generated, the text just doesn't appear.

I'm using RoboHelp 6 and generating webhelp.

Thanks in advance. - Nick
        • 1. Re: Search highlighting and drop text error
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          Nobody has reported that as a problem and I cannot see any connection.

I can't offer to look as I am going to be out of town for a few days.

Try in a new project. Often highlights what has gone wrong. Or download the demo and add some dropdowns to that.

I will be able to look in periodically so post back if no joy.

• 2. Re: Search highlighting and drop text error
            MergeThis Level 4
            A reply from the ZOOM guy on their user forum, concerning a similar problem, suggested that the user place the script call :

"on the very last line of your HTML file (eg: after the </body> tag) so that it can perform the highlighting after the content has been downloaded." (emphasis mine)

Worth a try (in a new project as Peter suggests)?

Good luck,
            Leon
            • 3. Re: Search highlighting and drop text error
              Nick_G_M Level 1
              I did a little more digging.

In RoboHelp 6, the highlight method conflicts with dropdown text if the topic is imported from FrameMaker or Word. I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 and Word 2003.

Highlighting works fine with drop down text if the topic is imported from FrameMaker or if it is created in RoboHelp.

I made all the topics absolutety minimal, so I could isolate the issue. I can't find any differences in the project htm code - but there are some big differences in the output. How can this be? Can someone verify or help me out?

Thanks - Nick
              • 4. Re: Search highlighting and drop text error
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
                Hmm! Sounds like a code of CSS issue even though the latter makes no sense.

Recreate it in a new small project and email it to me but NOT before Friday PM.

I will then try to look at it. Sorry I can't do so earlier.

• 5. Re: Search highlighting and drop text error
                  Nick_G_M Level 1
                  Many thanks to Peter for this solution:

Importing Word and FrameMaker documents caused a clash between the drop down text and the search highlighting trick.

I'm not sure why, but deleting the following meta tag fixes the problem. All the other meta tags can left as is. This is easily done with a multi Find and Replace program.

For FrameMaker imports delete:
                  <meta name=Originator content=ImportMif>

For Word imports, delete:
                  <meta name=Originator content=ImportDoc>