This did not help. I'm working on a Mac, and I'm working on a large corporate network that has a built-in firewall. So, firewall cannot be adjusted. Any other ideas? This is extremely frustrating. We paid a lot of money for this software, I shouldn't be having this problem.
Your Problem is probably solved yet. Anyway, a really easy suggestion to solve the problem:
(1) Make sure your system is updated
(2) run PP after restarting your mac in safe mode (by pressing the shift-key right after you hear the start up sound)
(3) it will work fine and will proof the problems itself (quicktime issues, fonts, whatever)
(4) restart your mac as usual enjoy working!
Hope that helps.
I had the same problem over here (crash on startup, while showing "loading exporterquicktimehost.bundle")
I contacted the Adobe support, which mailed me this link:
What solved the isssue for me was:
5. Log in using a new local administrative user account.
I created a new account - just for Premiere. And it worked like a charm.
Hope this helps people who find this thread when needing help badly - like I did.