4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 12:27 PM by the_wine_snob

PE 9 doesn't work at all

nekmil

I installed Premiere Elements 9 to my new Acer M3203-computer. It has Windows 7 (64 bit), 8G Ram and Ati Radeon HD 5570 graphic card. I have the latest Quick Time too. PE only gives an empty display. Then it crashes completely and says that PE has a serious error that requires Premiere Elements to shut down.

How can I get my PE 9 to work?

• 1. Re: PE 9 doesn't work at all
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The first two things that I would check would be the ATI driver, and also your audio card's driver. Are they the very latest?

Good luck, and welcome to the forum,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PE 9 doesn't work at all
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, how much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

• 3. Re: PE 9 doesn't work at all
              nekmil Level 1

Hi! Thanks for the answer!

I have Ati Radeon HD 5570, Version 8.670.0.0. I tried to update it twice to 10.11 version, but it didn't work. I had to return to the current version. Windows note only said my current version is the best driver version to my computer.

C-section has 402 Gb space.

What can I do then?

• 4. Re: PE 9 doesn't work at all
                the_wine_snob Level 9

What error messages do you get, when you try to update to the latest driver?

Check the ATI/AMD site carefully for installation instructions. Most often, it is just an Extract and Run, or maybe just Run, if it's an EXE file, but in some cases, there are things that one must do first. The site will give full instruction details, and these might well change by driver version, so what worked last month, might not be the way it will with the new driver.

Windows is not very good, at judging how up to date drivers, especially video drivers, are.

Good luck,

Hunt