10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 5:33 PM by kilo1981

Could not resolve <mx:Component> to a component implementation

kilo1981

Hi there,

I'm really new to this and to be honest i'm not really sure what i'm doing.

As part of a project I was given a file that had a datagrid for a list of songs and an MP3 player component that works by having songs from the datagrip dragged and dropped on it. The MP3 player related files are in a package called "org.flashcommander.components". This file works fine on it's own.

The application has the following namespaces defined:

xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" xmlns:plist="services.plist.*"

xmlns:components="org.flashcommander.components.*"

I've located another project that allows users to rate songs out of 5 stars. I'm basically trying to merge the second file into the first one. This second file contains the namespace

xmlns:custom="custom.*

Which i've added to the ones above.

I've brought all the code from this second file and placed it in the first file, but i'm getting an error: "Could not resolve <mx:Component> to a component implementation" relating to  "<mx:Component>"

<mx:DataGrid includeIn="moreInfo" dataProvider="{songList}">

<mx:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="title" />

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="rating">

<mx:itemRenderer>

<mx:Component>

<custom:Rating rating="{data.rating}" />

</mx:Component>

</mx:itemRenderer>

</mx:DataGridColumn>

</mx:columns>

</mx:DataGrid>

I've had a looked at some of the solutions on this forum and on the internet in general, but all the ones i've found relate to not have xmlns defined, my problem is that i have too many of them defined. If anyone could help i'd be really grateful.

John