3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 2:36 AM by David Mondrup

Doppler effect, other missing effects and plug-in recognition

EricPerezS

In Windows version of Adobe Audition there was a doppler effect included which is not available in Mac's version. Are you planning to include it in the official release?

Other effects that are in Windows that I couldn't find here are the tone generator, together with its modulator. And the presets for the chorus effect seem to be considerably fewer than in the windows version. Any change about it in the release?

I am using a White Macbook (MacOS X 10.6.5 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 Ghz) and when I want to use a plug- in I have to ask the Audio Plug-in Manager to enable all the plug-ins every time I open Audition because they do not work, even though the plug-ins are shown in the menu. Does that depend on the plug-ins I am using? Is that the normal way it will work? or is it a bug?

All in all, thank you very much for giving us Audition for mac.

Eric

• 1. Re: Doppler effect, other missing effects and plug-in recognition
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Not every effect available in previous versions of Audition will be ported in time for release.  We are maintaining a list of the most requested missing effects and will prioritize development based on that feedback.

As for the plug-in manager, I'm not sure I understand.  When you launch Audition and click Effects > VST you see them listed, but selecting an effect and applying it does nothing?  Or is the VST menu empty, but when you open the Plug-in Manager, you see the effects listed there?  Have you selected "Enable All" and clicked OK, and if so are they all disabled again the next time you launch?

• 2. Re: Doppler effect, other missing effects and plug-in recognition
            EricPerezS Level 1

Thank you very much for your response.

I explain myself again. Yes, I have already enable all the plug-ins, I used in a session, then I closed the application, when I restarted it the VST menu shows the plug-ins but when I selected one it didn't do anything. I had to use the plugin manager again and enable them one more time. This seem to happen randomly because sometimes I restart the application and everything works well, sometimes it happens what I have just described.

About the list of effects missing, you can also add in the list the dynamic filtering and the dynamic pitch change.

Thansk again.

Eric

• 3. Re: Doppler effect, other missing effects and plug-in recognition
              David Mondrup

I also seem to remember a pitch correction plugin ..